Outreach East is proud to announce a partnership with Meijer to provide much-needed relief to local families facing food insecurity through the retailer’s customer-driven hunger relief program, Simply Give.
With more than 34 million Americans considered food insecure nationwide, food remains a basic need that many people continue to struggle to put on their tables. Meijer is committed to addressing hunger relief at the local level through its Simply Give program, which replenishes the shelves of hundreds of local food pantries throughout the Midwest each year. The Simply Give program has been feeding hungry families in the communities Meijer serves since November 2008, thanks to the continued support and generosity of Meijer customers, team members and food pantry partners.
Learn more about how Meijer is partnering with customers to support hunger relief:
SUPPORTING LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES
- Current economic conditions are placing increased pressures on low-income families, food insecurity is increasing rapidly, making programs like Simply Give even more important for local food pantries.
- Customers are encouraged to purchase $10 Simply Give donation cards, which are converted into Meijer food-only gift cards and given to the food pantry selected by the individual store.
- The Simply Give program allows food pantries the opportunity to choose the grocery items best suited for the families they serve, as well as baby food, formula, diapers and wipes.
- Each of the more than 260 Meijer stores across the Midwest partner with multiple local food pantries, keeping the money generated within the community.
- Hunger relief is a corporate philanthropic focus at Meijer, in addition to diversity & inclusion, environmental and local giving.
This year in March there will be TWO double match days March 4th and March 25 where if you donate $10.00 Meijer will double match that and make it $30.00 in food cards for us! A $50.00 donation becomes $150.00 and so on. Save these dates! and triple your donation.
In light of increased need resulting from COVID-19, Meijer donated more than $7.6 million to Simply Give food pantry partners in 2020 and made an additional $1 million gift in March. Since the program began in November 2008, more than $69 million has been generated for food pantries in the Midwest to distribute to our neighbors in need.
So next time you are in the Meijer in Davison, please pick up a Simply Give Card and take it to the cashier. You really can make a difference.