Do you like working with others, enjoy talking with people, like providing quality services to people who really need them! Why not use your previous experience and qualities to assist others.
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. You’ll be able to see first hand how your efforts help those in your area that are in need of some of most basic things in life , such as food , clothing , a helping hand, a referral for additional help.
Almost all the people that work at Outreach East( over 42 people and counting) are volunteers, giving everyday of themselves to help others in the community. What a great feeling at the end of the day.
Some of the activities you may be involved in
- Filling food orders
- sorting and stocking donated food
- sorting and folding, hanging clothing items
- tracking inventory
- helping with newsletter mailings
- filing, entering things into the computer
- answering the phone
- greeting people and directing them to our services
- maintenance and cleaning
- office work, filing , computer
- promoting our services and seeking donations
- helping with awesome special events like Thunder for Hunger, Christmas etc.